This is an exciting section of our web site. We have spend much time, effort, and money to bring to you the many facets of drum restoration. On this subject, we have put together comprehensive, detailed articles, that incorporate drum history, project feasibility, installation approaches, color selection, problem resolution, and much more for your success. And intertwined in these articles is the straight story: truth vs. hype, wisdom vs. foolishness, improvement vs. value lost, what works vs. what doesn’t, etc. And to our knowledge, this information is only available here- not even in the drum magazines.
To get all this information, the owner Sam Barnard needed some nudging to sit down, and write down what he knew. Sam Barnard has been refurbishing and restoring drums since 1972. He began doing this for a living in 1982 when he started selling refurbished drums and musical products in the local newspaper. Not long after that, the first website (SamBarnard.net) was launched. He is a valued resource in helping you achieve spectacular results. We believe that you will not only find these articles interesting to read, but extremely valuable in gaining success in your unique project. Our goal, is for you to have a WOW experience- and not just from you, but from all those who see the awesome results on your drums.
Sincerely, Kerry Townsend (Webmaster for Jammin Sam)
Sam’s Articles for You:
- Some unique uses of our drum wraps. We thought we would share some of the interesting ways people have put our drum wraps to use.
- Gluing Drum Wrap to Shells Can Devalue Them A reasoned examination of Gluing versus Taping the wrap to your shell
- History of Drum Wrap A six (6) part series about the history of drum wrap materials offered to-date.
- Why Buy from Us? supporting arguments for choosing Jammin Sam as your resource when refinishing or rebuilding your drum set
- Questions to Ask Yourself and Our Competitors Questions that some may not think of (or avoid?) when comparing products offered by Jammin Sam v.s our competitors
- What to Look for When Buying A Used Drum sage advise and food for thought when it comes to that impulse to buy a used drum or not
- Making Sense of “Pearl” Wrap Patterns and Names information to help make sense of the popular (and not so popular) naming schemes for pearl wraps
- Benefits of Tape vs. Glue A comparison of the two methods for attaching drum wrap to your drum
- Eyelet Installer Instructions Step by step instructions for use of our Eyelet installer tool
- Cheap Imitations Can Make You Hate Your Drum Set I guess we have a lot of imitators out there. And not everyone is giving you such a great value for the money spent with them.
- How to Remove Badges and Press in Eyelets This can become a real mess. So here are a few proven methods to help you become successful.
- How to Remove Old Drum Wrap / Finish This can become a lot of extra work and make a mess. So here are a few proven methods to help you out.
- Send Pictures of Your Wrap Project for Our Website We are asked lots of questions about this so we hope this article will answer all of your questions about this.
- How to Clean & Care for Your New Finish Make your investment look new for years to come.
- Working with Tight Drum Heads When your new drum head is really tight, there is hope!